last update: 2008-06-12
Frequently asked questions. And questions I guess should frequently be asked.
- My editor looks different than the tutorial!
- It looks like the tutorial ran out of sync again. That happens occasionally. Hopefully, the tutorial is still a little useful until it catches up with the current downloadable program. If you can't wait that long, please don't hesitate to ask me directly!
- My changes are lost!
- The most common error in the editor. It's caused by the fact that making changes permanent is a two-step process:
First you have to hit one of blue buttons "add..." or "modify...". If you want to modify something and realize too late that no item is selected in the corresponding listbox you can just select the item you want to change and hit "cancel" in the following dialog. Then, the item is selected and you can modify it.
In the second step you have to save your changes. Therefore go to the menu and hit "Save library"
- All graphics are grey rectangles?!
- Grey rectangles indicate not found image files. I'm guessing, you downloaded a library from this page or another source and put it somewhere on your harddisk. Unfortunately, the library-file contains full paths to referenced files. So, if you don't put the library in the same directory as the creator, files are not found.
All libraries obtainable on this page follow the same convention, namely all libraries have to lie in "C:\poroba_editor\[library name]\". I suggest you follow this convention to spare yourself the trouble of newly setting all those graphics!
- Some graphics are grey rectangles?!
- Same problem as in the question above. Did you rename or move files or directories? That's what caused the problem. Now, you have to undo those changes are set the image-files new. Sorry, there is new simpler way.
- Where are the key-shortcuts?
- Sorry, currently there are none. The editor is supposed to be used with the mouse. Yes, I know, using the keyboard would be in most cases faster. I just thought too late about it and now I don't want to change all that code to implement them. If it's a really big deal to you, tell me what shortcuts are missing and I might code them!
- How do I set sounds?
- Did you play the game? There are no sounds. So why, would you want to set any?